Sunday 21 August 2011

The writing's on the wall

This morning I give thanks for my bed and being able to stay in it when I don't feel well. For being able to groan without someone thinking I'm making a fuss...

Last night I saw a news item about a Bristol city councillor successfully pushing to get a number of private and municipal buildings decorated with 'street art' murals. It's taken a while for the notion that painted patterns and pictures out doors can be 'good' but never having had anything against it myself per se I give another gratitude that the establishment has caught on to the idea of separating the 'art' from the vandalism. Bristol, of course, has been ahead of many other urban areas in this concept, courtesy of the reflected glory of Banksy and co...and also, I like to think as I was actually born there, because of an inherent think outside of the box factor... I was also looking at images earlier of the post-it note 'love walls' around the country in places damaged by riots where people express their love for the place where they live and messages of positivity. Wouldn't it be nice if people did that anyway? Gratitude for those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics