Saturday 20 August 2011

Cream of Cornish

Wow...I've just had the most amazing afternoon out with my lovely young friend Jared! Originally the idea had been for a picnic out somewhere and he was ready to downsize this to him coming over and cooking us some scallops for sale locally but I persuaded him to trust the increasingly torrential rain would ease and take me out somewhere. Jared's the only driver I know with wanderlust to match mine as a passenger but he told me traffic on the main road to here was dire so it didn't bode well. It was dire getting out of town too so we crossed the river and took the coast road which is usually nose to tail on a summer Saturday but today...just for us...was miraculously quiet. Ninety seven thanks for that! We drove through a fallen cloud and into a beautiful day and to some astonishingly beautiful places neither of us had been to before, just the other side of the county border but off the 'main drag' and remarkably unspoilt. Ooohs and aaahs of delight round every corner. Can't show you pics as I didn't take my camera...that would have been tempting fate weather and scenery wise I thought!! I had no idea what a gobsmackingly perfect route and destination the whim of my finger on the map had found! One hundred and three thanks for that!

Dreamt last night that the Red Arrows were performing outside my flat and one of them crashed into the garden below. Just seen the news, no gratitude for any coincidences there... makes you think though.

There was a possibility some other friends were coming over this weekend too but I heard not long after I got back they weren’t. Probably all for the best, how much excitement could I take? Tired now...going to eat, do some more blanket making and watch All Star Family Fortunes. I’m grateful that even though Tesco were out of stock of several favourite treats they did have their delicious vegetable samosas for our picnic lunch and their rather good spinach and ricotta cannelloni for my tea! Am also extremely grateful my course of antibiotics has finished and don't have to set my alarm for midnight and six am!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a glorious time out today Angel, so I guess you made it into Cornwall, it rained here first part of the morning, then turned warmer with some sun, got my washing dry and ironed it while still in the mood!
    Shame about the Red Arrow plane crashing like that. Caught it on the computer screen earlier; they call it Bournemouth airport, but its actually in the Borough of Christchurch, but which of the two rivers I wonder, Hurn is where the rivers Avon and Stour pass very close to each other. The Avon being a salmon river, the Stour being a 'course fishing' river. They both run into the estuary at Christchurh Harbour. The swimming Pool at Christchurch is called? you got it in one! 'Tworiversmeet'
    More about my home town another day!
    Hope you sleep well and your dreams do not turn into reality. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics