Friday 12 August 2011

The name of the prose

I forgot Torchwood last night! I'd paused a programme of stunning Dartmoor visuals and inspiring words by an ex Jain monk who walks and meditates there (that I'd happened upon accidently just after it started) to get some odds and ends out of the way and really give it my attention. And somehow the maverick world savers got forgotten... Never mind, the memory of that evening joy is my first recorded gratitude of this day.

I'm reading John Barrowman's autibiography at the moment which is quite droll. He's quite nifty with the foot notes! One of the funniest books I've ever read was Graham Norton's. I laughed until I cried on several occasions, til I almost choked onece or twice. I still chuckle at the memory of laughing at myself laughing...gratitude number two! Of course autobiographies make me cry sad tears too sometimes...stories of happy childhoods, acceptance, reciprocal love in all its forms.

We all have challenges to overcome but the challenge of repeated rejection and isolation is an ongoing toughie. Of course I understand many would read this and think 'Well, of course people don't want you around...you're too this, or that, or the other'...my own family, who only knew me for a small part of my life, could collaborate on a thick biography of my personality defects and general misdemeanours, I'm sure. But condemning or ostracising or even abusing those we don't like or approve of is easy...I'm talking about viewing them with love and compassion. I'm talking about keeping your own heart topped up with love and compassion when others don't want to share theirs or try to take yours away...when you feel they don't 'deserve' it. My third gratitude of the day is for my valiant, if not always successful, attempts to keep trying!

Before I go...may I ask you to please, if you're going to write comments on here to sign your name? Without the context of knowing who wrote them it's sometimes hard to know if they are meant well or not. What might seem like a put down from one person is just affectionate ribbing from someone else and however much I may wander from the point myself now and then the purpose of this blog is to generate and share warm feelings and gratitude. Help me keep up the good work please!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Angel, you are giving me inspiration to carry on these days..... thank you, love Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics