Sunday 28 August 2011

Crumble upon

This evening I give thanks for I put aside my pride and bought some crumble mix. I would have laughed at the idea before, though it's not as bad as the pancake mix I saw once to which you 'jus't had to add an egg and milk. Er...wouldn't that be flour then, I wondered? Anyway, I thought if I wanted a little portion comforting fruity pudding once in while without a lot of planning or prep then this was worth a try. It tastes OK, actually. Time was when I'd have just made a BIG pudding and eaten it all but am not quite so piggy now...

I give thanks for last week's episode of Ocean Giants I've just caught up with, especially film of the whales who come to say hello and be stroked in the place where once they were hunted. Great big whales sticking their heads out of the sea next to boats to be stroked by tourists...no fish gifts involved. Awesome!

And I'm grateful my ear problem's been less painful this afternoon. Will defo have to see a doctor if symptoms don't improve but if it doesn't get worse than this can wait til after the Bank Holiday. And I'm also grateful that I bought that buddha last week as it inspired me to tidy the shelf I've put it on. You can't keep a buddha in a messy place, can you? What's that...you can? Well, maybe you can but I certainly prefer not to!

1 comment:

  1. You have made me feel ashamed to say i have today brought both a frozen crumble and pancake mix to eat tomorrow, i have city and guilds in professional cookery, i am getting so lazy.....
    Hope your ear is better overnight and you can get a lovely sleep tonight.
    Bank holiday tomorrow, i am going to try to get to sea front early before all the holiday makers fill the place up.
    Goodnight, love Debbie.xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics