Wednesday 3 August 2011

Through a glass wetly

I did get out eventually...and was grateful for a bus happening along not factored in my plans and making it quicker and easier to get to my destination - the beach on the other side of the river that you get through via a tunnel under the headland. The bus doesn't go throught the tunnel of course and there are a lot of steps down but a very different atmosphere from the other three beaches we have in a half mile radius. In fact they're all very different and nice to have so much choice...two on the river and two on the sea. Haven't been to this one for a while and I'd forgotten how busy it can get in the summer but also one of the reasons why ie. that it's such a suntrap and sheltered from many breezes especially at sand level. I remember the first time I went there there was quite a chilly and brisk wind blowing and I thought all the people lying there in their swimwear must be very hardy until I lay down too and wished I'd brought mine!

I'm also very grateful to Sony for creating such wonderful devices for keeping my ears happy and for Johann Ambrosius and Maria Elisabeth for creating their youngest musical son. And for his magnificent and moving double violin concertos. And Tamar Valley honeycombe ice cream. And the fragrance of the pinks I bought on the way home. And the sound through the open window of summer rain falling through leaves...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics