Wednesday 17 August 2011

Grounded

Well, it's mid-day as I begin writing this and this time tomorrow I'm supposed to be settling into the taxi that's taking me to the bottom of the field with the view from the top. At the moment it's raining quite persistently and at the moment the weather report is for the same tomorrow. The Vulcan's already phoned in sick and frankly I know the feeling! We'll see...we'll see... Last year I had my son to go to the airshow with, and afterwards dinner in a restaurant in belated celebration of my graduation. I'd been too ill at the time of the formal celebrations and people kept dropping out of the informal ones but we managed a table for six. This year I have to miss the people but I don't want to have to miss all the fun...

I'm grateful today for what feel like small mercies but which I know would feel extra merciless if they weren't there. So I give thanks for my comfy bed and for changing the linen yesterday. And for quiet in the neighbourhood so I can rest and hopefully feel more capable tomorrow. I'm grateful I have memories of happier times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics