Sunday 28 August 2011

Grateful Start

This morning I'm grateful the ear pain subsided eventually in the small hours so I could get some sleep. Maybe I have an ear infection...I don't know, I've never had one so not sure how to be sure...but I'm glad that I didn't oversleep as a result of such a late night and miss taking an antibiotic for the infection elsewhere I know I do have! Most of us tend to have areas of our bodies where our immune systems seem less vigilant in their patrols and mine have always done a sterling job in the ears before so I give thanks for that too!

I also express gratitude for some very heartwarming primetime TV moments yesterday evening. Stars I'd heard of on Family Fortunes who had delightful and droll families too. Jo Wiley's young son Jude especially! And for those gobsmacking X Factor moments when people you don't expect to be good are...especially when their voices and musical style are so different from their outward appearance...and most of all when they're not as commercially 'cute' as some for whom it appears that's a factor. Johnny Robinson! Such a warm and funny and lovely guy...and a legendary audition... Craig Colton surprising his parents sitting in the audience after telling them he couldn't join them as he had to go to work. Both 'boys' singing girl songs funnily enough... I just watched those two again today to check their names to give them a name check and also to feel that swell of emotion again... So a round of applause as well for Youtube's amazing resources

Anyway, I'm grateful I don't have to get up and make Sunday dinner and grateful I got up and made cinnamon toast! I'll be grateful when the washing up and ironing is done I imagine as well, ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Angel, sorry you have had earache, nothing more upsetting than a throbbing inner ear, glad it went and you were able to get some sleep. If your antibiotic is broad spectrum it might just clear any ear infection, that was trying for a foothold. Hope the rest of this long weekend goes well for you, the neighbours are quiet and your TV is absorbing, and very watchable.
    Have had my pineapple, fruitbread toast, juice and liquorice tea with honey, and might just go back to bed; have the makings of a vegatable lasagne, and mushroom stroganoff, a chicken to roast and plum crumble all in the fridge; invited daughter and grandkids for a meal, got turned down, sometimes lifes just a bitch!
    Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope tonight's a bit more restful, nothing worse than an earache...
    Like the sound of cinnamon toast but have never made it before.
    Have a good day, i am at the coast where it is wet, windy, sunny and warm... so having a lovely time.
    Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics