Friday 26 August 2011

It never rains...

Phew, thought if I woke up early enough and felt capable I'd make a mad dash to the city for some things not on sale here. Torrential rain great for this as everywhere much less crowded... Plan A went according to plan and back now and dry and almost warm! Very tired though and would love to nap but have spent last hour and a half going round in circles on phone regarding a cryptic prescription chemist unwilling to fulfil and now have to stay alert for delivery when Lushly ablutions beckon...

* Am grateful for having enough get up and go to go!
* For FGW for running a train with a leaky roof...think about it...they could have cancelled the service and I had a mac on anyway!
* To Lush for selling some lovely pampering things even for those who can't wallow any more..
* For a favourite little shop having a delightful Buddha...not too expensive or heavy to carry
* To JSB once again for his great violin concertos to listen to on the journey
* To Laura for hanging the last tricky bit of kitchen wallpaper while I was out and bringing me samples for the living room
* For Bob and Cath's excited Facebook updates re their day out today...may it be as splendid as we all imagine...
* To Debbie for feeling up to making her kind comments again!

Right, now to lie down and wait for those pills. If I don't get back here again today with more gratitudes that's enough to keep us going for a while...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel, your day has sounded quite eventful so far. So I hope your delivery dose'nt take too long, so you can put your feet up and have nice snooze :))
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you x.
    I must get back to myself again and your blog is a big part of my new days.
    I check out your posts after i take my morning tablets and again before i go to bed... i would love to have known you in real life not just blog land as i would have tried to look after you and cheer you up with little trips out while i can still drive.
    I spend a lot of my time at the coast alone, wandering the second hand shops and the beach on crutches so i look a right picture... collecting stones and driftwood, crocheting on the shingle at Dungeness in the shade of the power-station.
    I drop my husband off at the local pub where he has made many friends in the 10 years we have had the caravan, so he gets time away from me and male talk and company.
    Lush shops smell so wonderful, i cant resist going in.... my middle son once really spoiled me with a Christmas present from lush a massive golden glittery box tied with black velvet ribbon full of all sorts of products, i am still using some of them 2 years later i think it cost 100 pounds!!!!
    Keep on inspiring us all with your wonderful words and stories of your days.
    Love Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics