Saturday 6 August 2011

Desired

It's been a muggy night here, mild and clammy and with the bugs mugging me and the meds mugging them! I would happily laze in bed all morning and half the afternoon but there are things I've arranged to happen that require me to be upwardly mobile. My first thanks of the day is for my tea last night - a homemade spinach and feta filo pie that defied all odds...such as not having made it before and having little energy or inspiration when the time came to do so, the pastry brush going awol, the feta being well past its best and the spinach frozen into intractable boulders... and turned out absolutely delicious! It was actually in the oven when I wrote my last post but I didn't want to mention it as I still wasn't sure if I might have to revert to plan B and have a boiled egg!

The filo packet says to use the sheets within a week once the packet is opened. No problem! Spinach and feta filo pie is one of my favourite things ever and as long as Mr Tesco brings me some more feta we're laughing. Baklavas and strudels are playing on my mind now, too...but right now spicy fruit porridge which needs stirring! I was just going to have a cuppa and some spicy fruit oatcakes in bed but discovered I'm out of the latter so shall have to make do with the real thing...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,
    I'm pleased to hear you got round to making your spinach & feta filo pie, it seems a while ago since you mentioned having a go at making it, must admit i'd have prefered the boiled egg!! haha, but would'nt the world be a boring place if we all liked the same things??
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really lovely, i have never made it myself, hope your 2nd one turns out just as nice.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics