Wednesday 17 August 2011

It's Scilly but...

...there's been a fair few interesting planes flying over today... a couple of small jets that looked like lost Red Arrows, a formation of four little prop planes and some other things heard but not seen...the cosmos trying to get me excited perhaps? Wel,l I'm sorting out a little pile of stuff to take with me....waterproof things to sit on and cover me, a flask for tea. My old walking boots that might just get me up a slippery slope...

I give thanks this afternoon for finally getting out of bed, getting some hand washing done and some ironing too. Mostly I've been knitting though...Don't seem to be going very fast at the moment but I'm going to finish that blanket for Oxfam if it's the last thing I before I get stuck into any new projects ha ha! I haven't forgotten my tree, or a pretty little crochet cot blanket I was making for a charity sale but even though not speeding down it am on the home straight now with the big one and would like to get it out of the way, literally and metaphorically.

I give thanks for fish fingers. I give thanks for Lynn's good news. And I give thanks for more happy memories. For the Scilly Isles...never crowded...always beautiful...sometimes misty and always missed!







I give thanks that I've been to St Mary's





And St Agnes...










And St Martins...










And I want to go back!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased you have your happy memories, you reminded me of when I was a little girl and my mam tried to learn me to crochet, she must have had the patience of a saint!! i'm 41 now and can still only go round in a circle!! haha, i'm not very good with my hands but god loves a tryer.....so they say!!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics