Monday 15 August 2011

Seeing the light

Part of my lazy evening's viewing was an episode of Come Dine With Me I'd recorded because it said it was from South Devon. It's always cool to see somewhere you know on TV, isn't it? The South Devon referred to turned out to be mostly Torquay so er...how not to be defamatory or inflammatory about Torquay? Oh, yeah...it's my blog so I can if I want to, I remember! Well, there were a couple of people from Torquay, and a female drummer/dressmaker originally from the US who was more of a surprise and Simon Drew! Simon Drew is, to me, more of a celebrity than several contestants I've seen on celebrity editions of Come Dine With Me. The man draws puns for goodness sake...how brilliant is that! I wondered why none of the other contestants seemed to have heard of him but they only knew him as an artist called Simon at first, and only asked what his second name might be after seeing him in his own giveaway surroundings.

I thought of all the cards etc I've bought of his over the years and when it came to his night I looked at all the interesting things in his home and thought in my small way I've helped buy them...weird! I wanted to tell someone there and then but who would I tell? Oh well, I'm telling you now! It was a hilarious episode anyway and if I lived in a house with a view like his I wouldn't mind if I lived on Tesco value baked beans and burnt them each time I cooked them! Well I would really but you know what I mean. High up on a bend in the river, outside Dartmouth, nice! Lots of gratitudes though as well as envy!

Then I went into the kitchen to wash up and make a hot drink and there was a breathtakingly beautiful sky...not a 'sunset' exactly but one of those that are just a perfect gradual shading from one deeper colour above to a different still glowing one on the horizon. No clouds or stars just a wash. Beautiful! I give thanks for that too...

And the light this morning on the wall outside my bedroom, the external window reveal or whatever it's called. The sun rises on that side and I love seeing the cream paint glowing golden when the early rays hit it. Mid winter you can actually watch it rising if it's not behind a tree at the time. I had my bed facing the window when I first moved in as I thought it might be nice to sit up in bed drinking my morning tea and watching but it's not..it's so blindingly bright at that angle you have to screw your eyes shut and can't look anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Angel, 'reveal' is the exact definition 10/10 gold*. Been to Torquay once in my life when about 10yrs old, never had the desire to return though I guess I am now OLD enough. Thats about as defamatory as my memory will allow! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel & Pat,
    Forgive my ignorance, but i've just had a look on google maps so I know exactly where Torquay is compared to where you both are, I worked down in Minehead a lot of years ago, and it's all beautiful to me!!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics