Monday 22 August 2011

Well, well, well...

Oh, the NHS! The duty doctor explained it's difficult to provide continuity of care as I keep speaking to different people but I haven't found anyone I'd think worth waiting a couple of weeks to see when I'm feeling poorly enough to think I need care and attention! Am not totally convinced I trust any of them to make a correct diagnosis or take appropriate action but feeling feeble with health problems I still revert to childhood and look for someone to 'make it better'... I'm kind of grateful for being reminded my wellness is ultimately in my own hands but oh my goodness I wish I felt helped not hindered sometimes!

I taped Countryfile last night because it was coming from somewhere near here and watched on my sofa session this afternoon. To my astonishment they actually came here...not to my flat you understand but to my local haunts. that was a surprise... and a pleasant one too. I love seeing this place from outside, or trying to see it with an outsider's eye when I'm here. It's not the most quaint or picturesque all over but has such a variety of charms in an area not much bigger than a housing estate and business park. So some gratitude for that too...and for finding out things I didn't know like fig trees will grow in Shaldon!

Been saving this for hours hoping to find something else happy to put on the end. Not been an abundance of gratitude in me today...grumbling and groaning and feeling hard done by, plenty of those. Some days it's extra easy to see why people don't want me around... Um... strawberries, I'm grateful for the sweet juicy strawberries I bought and the jolly little shop where I bought them.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Angel, hope your feeling a little brighter today :))
    I also love to see my home town on the t.v., until someone from there speaks that is!! I absolutley hate my North East accent when I hear it on t.v., people always assume i'm a Geordie! which I always correct them, "i'm from DURHAM" I tell them haha,

    Oooh strawberry's!! one of my favs, we have a strawberry field near us, and I love nothing more than going strawberry picking,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel,in part of my very long screed lost to the PM system I referenced the GP/NHS system. The surgeon, oncologist and radiographer have their MDT meetings, talk about us, make their decisions about our body parts, all without ref. to the person who owns them. And you suffer surgery, if your lucky, the surgeon talks to you instead of the team at the foot of your bed, the ward sister scowls at you if you dare ask a direct question, Its almost like a farce on "Does she take sugar"! Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics