Friday 12 August 2011

Snap!

Went out with my head uncovered for only the second time since a year last November. That's what...twenty one months? Still feels quite strange...I mean it feels quite strange to show my head in public again and the hair itself still feels strange. People say well wasn't it curly anyway? Wasn't it curlier when it was short? Well yes, but not this curly, not lots of little tight tiny curls. I'm kind of getting to like it. If I live/it grows long enough I might get cornrows because for the bald months I became quite fond of the shape of my skull. Besides I've a white son with dreads, it would make a kind of pseudo genetic sense for his white mum to have cornrows. Like one of my sisters and I having the same shaped nose...both having had our original shape one broken by a hockey stick in similar school girl accidents seventeen years apart! On the rare occasions we were together in the same place after mine was 'reshaped' people would comment on the 'family resemblance'.

Fourthly today then I give thanks for having enough hair to neither get cold nor sunstroke!


Here is another of our T.R.A.I.L sculptures. You can go to their web site and see some of the other pieces from other years. The hub cap picture I put on here back in June was part of the exhibition a couple of years back





There are loads of them all around the area. This is one of my favourites from this year....The English Tropics rather than the English Riviera!






Here's a closer view of of the pool in this one. Some have solar cells to light up in the dark apparently. But I don't go out at night really so I just have to take their word for it too!







Lastly for this post I give thanks for a great letter from my Greek penfriend. It made me cry...but in a nice way. Yes, I know he's (presumably) a murderer but he writes me kind, funny, intelligent letters and I know a great many people who aren't and they don't. They don't send me any kind, funny, intelligent anything at all. It makes me cry because I tried to do a good thing and benefit a stranger and he's turned out to be more thoughtful than people who would probably still say they were friends. I feel very fortunate in this.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel, thats some buxom Devonshire lass, had a little giggle when I first saw the title simultaneously with the piture, and scan read the first half paragraph all at the same time. Thought it was you and her the 'snap' referred to!!! Well it was well after midnight, and the brain was slower than the eyes! Pat xxx
    PS I think the puppet was deleted by the mods, post was listed by 'an hour ago' could not find the socks post though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, hope you are having a good weekend and the weather isnt too windy down your end.....! hows the tree going. Love Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics