Friday 1 March 2013

Forever young



A daintiness of daffodils and littleness of leeks...Happy St David's Day to you all! Wear your leek with pride! Well not if you're an ostomate with a spelling problem perhaps!

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Yes, I do indeed have a cold I'm delighted to say and am thoroughly enjoying the experience! I've been coddling myself and cwtching up on the sofa and have enjoyed a little light (retail) therapy... buying a special kind of underwear for my chopped up middle, a special kind of glove for my ravaged thumbs and some special coloured baseball boots for remaining, despite what the start of this sentence might suggest, a teenage still at heart!

On my birthday afternoon it dawned on me that as I'd reached the age of fifty five without growing up or fitting the mould, I was probably out of the danger zone and was unlikely to have to go through this dreaded process. I burst out laughing with relief and joy... I rest my case...

I give thanks for all of the above, including the helpful and friendly people I spoke to on the phone when the internet couldn't answer my questions. For lots of tissues and scattered naps, for date conscious daffodils blooming by the fence, for my personal TV library with uncut auditions on Got to Dance, the funny fake penguins on the Spy in the Huddle and the oh so endearing real ones, and a fascinating programme looking at Britain's tiny wildlife through a high powered magnifying camera.

For this funny animation about rotund animals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F99faLJYpo8
this short film showing sublime craftsmanship by a chap in Torquay. Yes, in Torquay...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfreJmK9R4

And for being as persevering as a rockhopper and getting this post written despite Google, Android, Dell and my own ever runny nose and floundering fingers doing their best to sabotage the scheme!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    My name is Bob Newton and you e-mailed me re. the HITS Foodbank.
    Please give me a call on 07990-515125 or 01364-661572.
    (Brilliant BLOG - by the way).
    Best wishes,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics