Thursday 14 March 2013

Feast your eyes

I give thanks for the gloriously clear and sunny weather today...though I'm grateful there was still a nip in the air so that my cosy new jumper was necessary! I was grateful for great acupuncture and using some of the brain fluff time afterwards to go on a bus ride to a nearby town where clusters of people stand outside pubs on the main street smoking in their track suits. I kid you not! Not very therapeutic but they have some good sewing and knitting shops and it's a very pretty ride with headphones on...otherwise you might have to listen to locals discussing recent times they've beaten people up! This too is no exaggeration...between tunes that's just what I heard today! Moving swiftly on, I give thanks for the beautiful scenery, the sparkling sea, the estuary and the moors...and all the interesting things you can feast your eyes on from the top of a double decker bus like the passenger alighting with a large oil painting of sunflowers today. I give thanks for my good fortune and good management in coming to live in such a beautiful part of the world...but not in the town down the road!

I give thanks for getting what I went there for without too much ado, and being home and snug as evening draws in. I give thanks for the little miracle that is tea and toast...breakfast to suppertime it hits the spot for nutrition and nurture, doesn't it? I'm also grateful that Tesco have extended their veggie curry options...I can now have tarka dhal with my sag aloo and pilau rice...a positive feast for my tummy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics