Tuesday 5 March 2013

That dog will be in a blog

Mmm...another lovely day! What do I mean 'another'? I mean another lovely day when I'm out and about...didn't want to waste my weather goddess talents on stay at home ones did I? Today I went on a long and lovely scenic drive with Jared, rambling our way through deepest Devon to the south Cornish coast and back. I give great thanks for my friends with cars who take me out from time to time and for Jared's great happiness in driving great distances...and he is quite chuffed that I'm so very good at weather! Mostly it was mild in the hazy sunshine, lots of snowdrops still about and daffodils too...tors and moors and lambs and horses and thatch and teddy bear shops...

We went to Looe because he'd never been and met Ash the dog who was sitting in the yard outside his cottage waiting for passers by to make a fuss of him. There was a sign up with his name and the information that he liked to play catch and when he'd caught one of his balls he would either climb up on the slate wall and drop it over the fence or, as he'd just done in the picture here push it under the gate with his paw. No barking, no whining, hours of fun for tourists and pet and presumably of peace for his owners too. That dog is will be in a blog, I said...And so he is!


On the way back we went to a couple of places I'd never been either, but which called to me as names on signposts or stretches of road on maps sometimes do...and which made me most glad I'd chosen them. And we managed to get through Plymouth without undue delay or emotional trauma, which (if you are non-local and do not know) is a rare and precious thing!

I was delighted to return home and find a message to say my original Streak (which did the phone equivalent of going in to hospital to have some reconstruction and coming out with MRSA) is now well enough, some months later, to come home for good. I have missed my proper Streak so much, and although I am of course extremely grateful I decided to buy a reconditioned substitute before I sent it away (I wasn't quite sure why at the time, but time did make it clear!) there will be a great welcoming when it returns.

I'm grateful to be home and snug with uneaten picnic for my tea, the bathwater heating, my blog written and no particular thing to do or place to go for a while. Just got to think for a title for this post and my work here is done for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics