Tuesday 12 March 2013

Give us a break

Well, yesterday was a very busy day and I'm grateful for all we got done! Lovely to have a slow relaxed morning today though, basking in the sunshine streaming in the windows and only hearing the wind. When I say 'morning' I mean well into the afternoon...but eventually I got my proverbial into gear and started on the many tasks that awaited me. Some of them involved going into town and I was very thankful it was a mite warmer than yesterday. it was even possible to be on the sea front for longer than the (literal) minute manageable then, admiring the waves which were smaller but still breaking quite enthusiastically in the weak sunlight. I was actually able to get a camera out of my bag...but not hold it (or myself) steady in the gusty wind! 


This evening I'm giving thanks for leftovers so I don't have to cook, and a pretty little mini sunset visible from my kitchen window without needing to lean out precariously. It may be wintery cold folks but the days are drawing out...

I wrote my blog so quickly yesterday I forgot to express my thanks for my Mother's Day card which arrived on Monday, and for Pat and Laura wishing me a happy day on the day itself which was thoughtful of them. The Wilkinson's £3 Thornton's chocolates I bought myself went down a treat instead of dessert last night so I'm grateful I was such a slacker and didn't get round to opening them on Sunday! Still some of those leftover too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics