Thursday 7 March 2013

Light work

Freddie Parrot Face Davis apparently...the one who was sick sick sick up to here.  I had to look it up and I'm trying to remember if this was anything to do with being as sick as a parrot and if he was a 'Comedian'. There used to be a TV programme called the Comedians (in case you didn't know what it was the participants were trying to achieve!) I suspect many would not be thought funny now...or it wouldn't be considered polite to laugh if you did. Fashions change, tastes differ, but let's all offer a humongous thank you for humour especially when it's not derogatory or unkind.

I give thanks for almost being at the armhole of the second sleeve of the jumper I've been knitting for a couple of months. No photo as, due to the ribbing at the top, they look odd without arms in!  You'll just have to trust me they won't look odd with arms in...and, come to think of it, I'll just have to trust myself as well! I'm grateful I can still knit a bit, and sew a little, only have to follow a pattern if I am in the mood...and can put ribbing wherever I like!

Thanks for fresh raspberries for my supper...never mind the air miles, the smiles on the faces of the staff in the little local veg shop are ecologically sound I'm sure. And for the mist turning orange over the river in the glow of the streetlights last night...bit more of a conurbation down there! And for the thick white fog this morning...can't see the river, can't see the sea, have to know exactly what it is you are looking for to make out the end of the garden! I love fog...so beautiful and so much better to be on the pavement in it than on the road!

I give thanks that Jenny came to help with some of the heavier work today...so that I could spend a couple of hours on the lighter chores like writing letters and filling in forms and that when I come home this afternoon there will be an illusory sense of all being under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics