Sunday 24 March 2013

Happiness is a warm dog

I've not been feeling physically on top of the world and this morning rather down in the dumps mentally too...so was grateful for the chance to practise not Oh no-ing and Oh woe is me-ing but instead just being accepting of the now that was and open to whatever it became...Finally I decided to get up and make a cuppa doing a little light energy cleansing in the corners, under the bed and so on while the kettle boiled. Then I sat down and picked up my phone which was on silent and at that very moment had an incoming call! It was Laura asking if I'd be up for looking after Chumba for the afternoon as all the humans were going out and Tilly, her own dog, isn't always the perfect canine hostess. Great gratitude ensued - look she even matches my decor!

My furry friend was very keen to visit the communal gardens to check out the messages left by the local dogs and leave a few of her own so I was grateful for the opportunity to get my wellies on and squelch through the mud out there! I gave thanks for finally discovering why I've kept a large solitary sock for a couple of years. It's evaded recycling several times although its partner left to make itself a new life long ago, but clearly this half of the pair was waiting to be a dog toy!

I also gave thanks for seeing Abi and Aril, and the delicious home made marzipan and apricot pastry that Laura brought me, for copious amounts of garlic beforehand to get my appetite going to appreciate it, and for my fingers finding the zoom on Firefox which my head had forgotten how to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics