Saturday 9 March 2013

Lucky stars

First thanks of the day for this story of nostalgia and love...and the tender face of officialdom. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21719848

Today I've been giving thanks for knowing when it's time to stop, and top up on rest and sleep. I can approximate a fully functioning human for a day or two sometimes, but then... it's not even really that I consciously choose to snooze, I just become repeatedly unconscious!

I'm grateful for the comfort zone I've made of my home. For having a home come to that, and understanding how to make it comfortable for me...but also for knowing if we don't push the boundaries of our comfort zones they shrink and become restrictive.

I'm grateful for Judy Collins' cameo performance on Girls. Yes really (for anyone of an age to know who I mean!) And by 'eck did she look (and sound) good on it! For a moving and beautifully filmed documentary about a Hutterite community in Canada.

A friend said I was lucky the other day. Never mind the context but it was in the 'it's all right for you' category of comment which we all slip into sometimes when we spot something in someone else's world we rather fancy in ours. I've not often been called lucky and it made me think...Yes I reckon I am. I'm lucky because...I think I'm lucky! To think you are fortunate is a fortunate thing indeed. I give great thanks for that.
Also for this pretty little handmade necklace I found in a charity shop a little while ago but which has defied several attempts to photograph. The seed bead stars would have had my fingers twitching years ago as it's very much the kind of jewellery I used to make, but nowadays they only do that if they go into spasm! I am extremely grateful I didn't find the pattern in a craft book as that would have been most frustrating. Just goes to show how lucky I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics