Sunday 31 March 2013

Summertime

Summertime and the living is easy...

I give thanks for a day of really quite astonising idleness. I didn't even wake up properly until half past ten on my phone...which was a shock until I remembered it would have automatically switched to summer time...Breakfast was so late it couldn't even really be called brunch...more like afternoon tea!

Yesterday was quite vigorous for me so I knew I would probably be tired...and, funnily enough, that the weather would be far less appealing too! I'm grateful I had planned acccordingly with nothing actually planned...I've spent ages on the internet looking at places to go and how to get there when I'm up North, including when and where to meet Bob. And also beginning to collect the little odds and ends I'm thinking now it would be a good idea to pack, as bright ideas like that tend to surface well in advance and then again when you're away from home and remember you forgot....

So I've been grateful for the internet and my research capabilities; for peace and quiet apart from the sea which is rumbling away again today and the will having a bit of a howl! For the unexpected tinge of gold on the clouds as the sun broke through just in time to sink beneath the horizon and the rich blue of the sky as evening drew in. For a long hot bath with a book and a supper half home made half ready made in the oven waiting for me to finish this and settle down for some more of the same delicious relaxation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics