Wednesday 27 March 2013

Extra mature

Today I'm giving thanks for...

...an afternoon nap yesterday that livened me up a little for the evening shift. For the slow cooker for cooking my tea and an early night by candle light...because I felt like it not because the power was off!

...Jenny's help and company, and a trip down the town here afterwards to get some odds and ends and enjoy the general ambience of the place. For my joints just about surviving the cold and making it home in time to thaw out with a saag aloo lunch before another nap! It was kind of encouraging to hear other people say the low temperatures made them extra achey and stiff...but not that they all seemed to be so much older than me!

...no one being hurt and or stuck for too long due to the landslip on the Ness...and that no one else in the locaility needed any emergency services while the rescue was underway as there were so many chaps and appliances attending the scene...

...some leaflets and samples I ordered arriving extraordinarily speedily...even the ones from Germany...

...a sofa, a heater and a TV. Sure I could want for more...but just now what good would more do me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics