Sunday 10 March 2013

Implicitly (almost)

I gave thanks for the misty moisty weather yesterday...ideal for interspersing naps and TV with some work on that jumper I'm making. And thanks for the predicted cold snap spurring me on. Thanks that I stopped before my arms actually fell off...though they did keep causing everything I picked up to fall off by the end of the day! I managed to spill my supper twice - encompassing the curtains, the carpet, a throw and my leg and was very grateful it wasn't tomato soup!

I was trying to think of something to do in the evening that would really rest my wrists and digits, shoulders and elbows. That precludes craft work, housework, typing and internet activities on laptop or phone, or even holding a book, and I hardly ever just watch TV...so I was delighted when I started on the first of the five episodes of Mayday I'd recorded, more in hope than anticipation as I'm sceptical of the actual charms of anything advertised and hyped. And wow...deserved a good deal more of both in my opinion. Haven't found anything so gripping that's not in a Scandinavian language for many a moon. Admittedly I haven't watched it all yet but much thanks to all who participated in putting that gem together!

This morning I gave thanks for the sound of the wind and rain again, the roaring sea...and being able to see it! This afternoon for another session of jumper finishing so that I have now reached the construction stage and it is beginning to take shape. I'm particularly grateful I'm pleased with the shape it is taking...I trust my design skills implicitly (almost)...

I'm grateful for a good long natter with Bob, including beginning to make plans to meet up when I am up north next month which seems rather bizarre to us both to be true but also rather pleasant! Ooh and I give thanks for my cauliflower cheese in the oven...awafting its aroma to me and reminding me to get a move on and put some veg on to go with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics