Monday 18 March 2013

What goes around

Brr...I give thanks for it being chilly enough in the shade today to still need that chunky jumper...but also that when the sun came out it was warm enough to unbutton my coat and take off my hat and scarf while sitting out of doors. I'm grateful for the energy to go somewhere else for a little while today...just along the coast a way to a place that's not too bustling out of season. In fact I think there were as many birds and fowl around as people when I arrived, including some gorgeous iridescent black ducks new to me. I thought 'I know! I'll go to that cafe with the water wheel that's always so crowded in the summer.' Well, it wasn't crowded because it was shut...but that did mean I could have a good look at the wheel without tripping over tourists. It is one of the biggest in the country apparently but difficult to get a good angle for a photo as if you step backwards you are on the road and there's a van parked immediately to the left of the shot so I couldn't move sideways either...



I gave thanks for a rather tasty bowl of soup and later for a large cup of takeaway tea for only 70p! Surely the cheapest anywhere around? Kept me going til I got home which was good as I was too tired to make another for quite a while afterwards! I give thanks for a magnificent laze on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon which I think may extend into evening too. Part of the reason I went out was because I was running short of fresh veg...but having hunted and gathered them I see no reason to feel under any obligation to actually cook them as well. I'm grateful for fish fingers too you know...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics