Wednesday 20 March 2013

Light life

Goodness me...look at the time! It's so light in the evenings now it's easy to forget where we are in the day - something for which I'm very grateful as I do find the long hours of darkness rather dreary sometimes. I give thanks for the changing light in the mornings too, not just the dawn breaking earlier but the changing colour and quality of the light as the sun's angle changes. And, on clear evenings, being able to see the sunset from my kitchen window without having to climb half out!

I'm grateful too for changing the quality of light in my flat after a bulb blew in the bathroom and took out the lighting circuit. High ceilings, wobbly floors and old fashioned wire and Bakelite fuses make this an interesting exercise for one with my infirmities...but the plus side is that I feel so proud of myself when it's done, and so thankful I've been able to do it!

I was grateful that when I went out today I didn't get wet, and that I managed to save my broccoli and stilton pasty from a marauding and remarkably persistent seagull and was able to eat it looking at a not dissimilarly coloured sea.

I give thanks for some home cooked supper from out of a freezer bag and that when I gave the jacket potato in the oven a squeeze just now it was just the right combination of crisp on the outside and soft inside. Mmm...my mouth's watering!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics