Sunday 17 March 2013

Picking it up

Been thinking about what I was saying yesterday about not thinking about things getting worse regarding a domestic problem and well, there's nothing on earth that gets better for worrying about it is there? Illnesses in particular...in fact a lot of mental and physical problems are actually exacerbated by stress...so why do people do it? Why, why, why...oops...worrying about that now, ha ha!

Practising what I preach, I've been ignoring all the whys and wherefores about feeling so tired this weekend and have been grateful to be getting in touch with my inner kitten..curling up in the warm and playing with balls of wool! I started by tidying up the leftovers from the various yarns used in my jumper, and then I went to put them away in my out-of-the-way wool store which is a zip up holdall on a high shelf...a bag I discovered was not zipped up when I dropped it trying to get it down! There was a huge tangle in there which I've been enjoying sorting out...up to a point! Plenty left for another day! I'm very grateful that I live alone and can make great mess in the cause of tidying without impinging on anyone else's mental or physical space...and that I've had no visitors or invitations out anywhere to hinder me from making things (slightly) coherent again...

I've also been experimenting with ideas for some crochet squares I want to make. There are so many patterns out there and I've had hours of fun picking out the bits that take my fancy and seeing if I can put them together with some of my own ideas to make a pattern that fits the remit in my head! I'm grateful for the simple sedentary pleasure of this...and that when my hands seize up, as they do after a while, I can do less enthralling but still essential things like washing up! Much gratitude for discovering recently how to start working in the round with a 'magic circle'. If you crochet and you don't know about this look it up immediately!

Great thanks for the astonishment of snow this morning. I potter about without my specs on for hours sometimes and I'd vaguely noted with surprise the sudden crop of daisies on the lawn... it was a long time later when I realised they must have been a light dusting to match the heavier layer on the hill behind the town! And for making the long list of the Fish Short Memoir Prize...I am delighted with this and please don't assume I'm not and say what a shame and stuff. As I wrote at the time...the important things were a) that I entered, b) that it inspired me to write and c) what it inspired me to write about. Anything else is a bonus but kind of irrelevant. I give great thanks for not needing more.

I give thanks for the food on my plate, the bodily skills, utensils and appliances to put it there...and the appetite to take it off again in the appropriate manner! For remembering the little things matter...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics