Sunday 3 March 2013

Tear away

It's common with a cold to have runny eyes as well as a runny nose but yesterday evening I gave thanks for the things that made me cry real tears: Best Foot Forward...an inspiring couple made up of a dance therapist and her autistic partner who didn't have much speech but could communicate feelings to some extent by pointing to a variety of smiley type faces. When the Got to Dance judges commented on their performance they held up very smiley faces with the word 'excellent' underneath...a simple thing, yet very moving in its inclusivity. Later I watched a  Japanese film called Departures about an out of work cellist who inadvertently took a job preparing corpses for burial in the traditional manner and grew to love it and to love caring for the dead and their families. I'd seen this on the Sky Store list and thought Yes! My kind of movie...and it was!

I'm grateful for staying warm indoors again as the wind whipped up the white wave tops and the roar of the sea, for a lie in and then bustling around making brunch, doing the dishes and tidying up the kitchen before a quick bath and an afternoon of what turned out to be falling asleep! This wasn't part of the mental master plan but sometimes you have to go along with the physical flow if you are fortunate enough to be able to do so...It must be all the sneezing. Everything kind of stops just before you sneeze doesn't it? So you probably use a lot of energy starting again!

I'm grateful I've got my blog written and can now drift off again, though at some point I suppose I'd better drift into the kitchen and make some tea...I just need to tear myself away from Come Dine with Me...

 If there were a photo to accompany this post it would have to be taken from the inside of my eyelids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics