Monday 1 April 2013

Fooling around

I'm grateful for getting through a tricky few days. Sometimes I wonder why I'm here...relentlessly blogging away...what good does it do to share these little gratitudes when so many have so much of more significance in their lives? Why would you want to read about me looking out of the window when you've had a day out, or watching TV when you're enjoying an evening with friends, or about loving having warm water surround me in a bath when you can have a loved one's warm arms?

This paragraph doesn't have a witty or wise answer to the question in the one above I'm afraid. I give thanks for doing it though, and that the cumulative practice does enhance ones faculty for acceptance and appreciation, if not amazement or amusement every time. I think it does enhance my own sense of wellbeing when lack of health, wealth and hugs diminish it and if it even occasionally and a little bit improves anyone else's then that is a bonus indeed.

I was grateful there was no one around to play any practical jokes on me today...but enjoyed some jolly internet japes like a mail order company emailing me with an offer of 00% off...and this list from the BBC of things that sounded like ruses but which were real news stories (allegedly!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21993582

I give thanks for the sight of the huge waves on the sea...from inside the cosiness of my flat. For watching how the various birds outside cope with the wind...the wood pigeons picnicing on the lawns where it's more sheltered, the magpies making quick, if slightly off course, sprints from one place to another...while the seagulls simply soar. For re-recording and watching the original Dragon Tattoo film which I'd accidentally wiped before I got round to viewing a few months ago. I'd seen the sequels, and read the books, but only caught the Daniel Craig version before and though he makes me sigh it's not the same sort of sigh that other women (and men) seem to do so, so this was worth waiting for!

I also caught a rather enjoyable old CSI I hadn't actually seen before...with Grissom whole team and all their follicles intact! Which reminds me to give thanks for finding two pretty scrunchies on sale at 89p the pair. If you think that's about the price then you're either new to my blog or have some memory issues. Hi, how are you doing today?

2 comments:

  1. Always look forward to reading your news and views including the ones from the window,love your knitting n sewing ideas and pictures of said items much appreciated,sometimes you can be in a room full of people and still feel alone,but I suppose at least there is the choice,i seem to have wiggly red lines appearing under some words I don't know if u can see them as well: /thanks for doing the blog ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not comment often Gabi, but never a day goes by without my seeking, reading and thoroughly enjoying your writing, especially as I oft know where your coming from.
    Gentle {{8}}'s xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics