Monday 8 April 2013

Crossing the country

I give thanks for CrossCountry quiet coach after having to share the first train with some very belligerent folk badmouthing the conductor for not wanting them to use the wheelchair ramp or block the doorways with their enormous buggies and cheering when they heard Margaret Thatcher was dead. When an elderly gentleman stood up for her they started verbally abusing him too. Whatever your politics, no matter whether you cheered her political career or not, publically celebrating the demise of an old lady and picking on an old man seemed both unnecessary and unnerving to me. I guess I was a bit unnerved anyway...this is the furthest I'll have been from home and the longest time I'll have been away from home (apart from hospital) for some years! I'm grateful for not letting a little thing like terror stop me! Thanks too for the sight of the deer in the parkland to distract me from the fracas...or at least for being there so I could pretend they were!

I'm grateful the refreshment trolley arrived just after I'd sat down and got settled and that there was plenty of room to settle wherever you wanted if your reserved seat didn't appeal.  That I managed to drink a cup of coffee without spilling it (and eat waffles too!) and that I even managed to use the train loo...

Much gratitude to John and Jo for their hospitality...mmm, here comes some more!

No wifi at the hotel I'm off to tomorrow so if there's a long silence now you'll know why...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics