Tuesday 30 April 2013

A question of form


I give thanks for the glorious green of the new leaves lit by low sun yesterday evening. And for beginning to get the hang of photo editing and sharing via Picasa! I could edit or share before...things can can sometimes get better!

I'm grateful for the quiet revelation of Quiet. I'm aware of the fact that in others' eyes I have some faults (I have some in my own but they're not necessarily the same ones!) As this book unfolds I now understand many aspects of my nature that I have been told there needs to be more of, or ought to be less of, are founded in body as much as mind and even tend to come as a set of characteristics.You might as well tell someone they should be another height, or their eyes should be a different colour and so on... And though indeed culturally we may do something very similar (albeit sometimes indirectly) that's to do with our ignorance, assumptions, preferences and prejudices rather than the criticised individual's actual physiology. So in lieu of all the times when people in my 'real' life could have said accepting or even appreciative things, reading that this omission was probably also due to ignorance etc...rather than me being bad, or even their bad manners, well that's really rather special!

I'm grateful I (think I) have finished filling in an interminable DWP form. One of the questions was 'Do you have difficulty filling in forms?' Oh, if only you could have just answered 'yes' to that one!

I'm give thanks for changing this occupation now and then to use different muscles, joints and brain cells...and for thus making a bit more progress with my new top. I'm grateful it's too cold to wear it yet as there's still a long way to go, but it's a pattern I've not sewn before so it's (so far!) a pleasant voyage of discovery...nothing too challenging but a bit of mental stimulation here and there...and that these two occupations have pretty much filled in all my day apart from mini napping and maxi nibbling so there's been no chance for household chores...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics