Saturday 27 April 2013

Bun feast

I'm so grateful I see the sea from my windows...in the living room it's disappearing from view as the new leaves grow but there's an ever present though ever changing triangle of visibility from the bedroom and last night I was awestruck as ever by the brightness of moonlight on the water. Today it's streaked in blue and brown with sudden flecks of foam.

I'm grateful I had the money for a cab down to town as I had a parcel to collect from a store there and a little left over for some serendipitous retail opportunities. The serendipity I find just as therapeutic as the purchasing! I'm grateful I didn't fall asleep resting on the sea front afterwards. I was so sleepy and had found a sunny spot out of the wind...but I was worried I'd be mistaken for the other kind of bag lady and moved on!

I'm delighted I came back to taxi rank via the choux bun shop. This is why I don't fret about my intermittent appetite...because when I am peckish I can eat one of these! They are big enough to share but as I've no one to share with it'll have to last two days, or two sessions anyhow (sigh of solitary contentment). I'm grateful for a couple of bowls of that tasty stew left in the pan too, for nourishment of the parts that cake doesn't reach...

Gratitude too for discovering Pedro Almodovar has a new film out. I'm so excited...that's what it's called and that's what I am...in a quiet lying downy sort of way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics