Wednesday 10 April 2013

Northern Heights

Lots to be grateful for today...

A leisurely tasty breakfast in my room... A good therapy session followed by a rest and then a tasty lunch. Couldn't find room for the dessert so particularly grateful I could save it for my supper!

Grateful for the sun coming out this afternoon, warm enough even to have coats off for a while! For a lovely few hours with Bob including saying I wanted 'just to look at a little church I'd seen on Streetview' before going somewhere for cuppa and a snack and finding they were serving cuppas and snacks! Turned out to be one of the lightest pieces of cake I've ever had while Bob enjoyed an exceptionally flavoursome quiche... For finding the energy for an amiable amble through the large but lovely city including a coffee on the riverside, a visit to the castle (my poor knees!) and a trip on the Yorkshire Wheel (my poor nerves!). For the photo they took of us there actually being rather a good one! For remembering I'd seen a healthy snack place at the station and it a) being open, b) having great things to eat and c) being on my platform too...For a peaceful ride back with a low orange circle of sun shining through the low grey cloud and Appaloosas in the fields...and for having no housework, cooking or washing up to do now that I'm here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics