Tuesday 16 April 2013

Cross purposes

As I've got to be at the far end of the hospital at half past ten tomorrow I've been trying to get into the habit of waking up earlier beforehand - including the walking bits it takes about three times as long to get there by public transport! Shame is takes me at least three times as long to do pretty much everything else as well... I'm very grateful for public transport though...and even the creaky use of my legs... far better than struggling to find a mutually acceptable head space with a volunteer driver who would probably find my lack of interest in discussing illnesses, moaning about the weather or blaming everyone else for everything else (including one's own state of mind) exceedingly trying!

The Home Office Pathologist who spoke last week joked he took this career turn after completing a medical degree and realising he didn't like ill people. Well, maybe he was joking eh? Made me laugh anyhow...

I'm grateful for the warmer weather of the last couple of days...actually went out without my winter coat and hat yesterday and there are a couple of trees nearby that almost have leaves open!

For the crisp bite of a new toothbrush...

For Tesco making exceedingly good cauliflower cheese. I read a review in Olive magazine and thought: well, if it's good enough for them...

For the cone of two ply yarn I ordered yesterday afternoon turning up this morning. Sometimes companies and the postal service purprise you in a good way don't they? And for thinking of this way of making some rather thin double knitting a bit bulkier so I can use a larger size of needle and get less cramp! The new yarn is also very slightly darker which is ideal as I thought the original a bit too pale.

That I've made and eaten my tea already which is a good start for the early night I need...For Attraction's surprising and moving audition on Britain's Got Talent and that you can see it on Youtube and don't have to watch the whole show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics