Tuesday 23 April 2013

Investment

The last few days I've been trying to mentally solve a storage problem...and yesterday evening it got to the point where some things had to be physically moved to consider it more closely. I did a bit of that and left a heap of stuff in front of the flat door before I went to bed...it's not as if anyone comes in and out except me and I wasn't planning to for a while...

You can take measurements as much as you like, you can even do some nifty computer graphics with images of your space and the thing you might like to put in it but nothing beats actually trying it out for the look and feel of the fit. Now this is when I'm extremely grateful I don't have a car, because if you do you jump in it and go and buy things, but if you dont...and even getting deliveries is tricky...you think long and hard. I'm a long and hard thinker re purchases anyway. There are those who buy and then realise maybe they needn't have done, or even maybe they shouldn't have done, and those who don't and then maybe wish they had... I give thanks for being mostly in the latter category. It's something I always thought went with years of little cash to splash but people tell me this is not necessarily the case...so extra gratitude for my good fortune at not spending a fortune I haven't got!

Anyway, this morning in bed I had a brain wave that required a bit of an internet search...and then I saw something that might do the trick was in an ebay auction ending in 35mins with a current bid that seemed most reasonable to me (given the fact that it might not!). This inspired me to get up and put the kettle on, so when the phone rang I was there in the kitchen to hear it. It was a courier delivery for something that I had expressly asked to come by post...but despite the fact the company had ignored the instructions I'd given, the driver had obeyed the ones I hadn't and rung the bell to tell me he was there! Overwhelming gratitude there... but with the distractions and delays (like moving the stuff in front of the door to get through it!) when I got back to the laptop there was just four minutes left to log in and bid...and I did and won the item!

I'm grateful for having stuff to store...but not loads of it...and for the Hoarder Next Door for making me feel minimalist and tidy! For the sound of birdsong through my open window as I typed the start of this post...and later for a spell in the sunshine in the communal gardens with a folding chair, a book and some of the nicer neighbours. It was far hotter out there than I thought it would be so I was very grateful I had a decent vest on under my jumper!

I've had no appetite today so I'm grateful this means I can be really piggy when it returns. And though adequately clothed again I simply can't get warm so I'm grateful there's a jacket potato ready to come out of the oven...it should sort one or the other, if not both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics