Friday 5 April 2013

Lost and found

Into the city for a hospital appointment today. Sometimes I forget to be grateful for having to do this on my own. But you know I could have someone with me who was fussy or grudging, who made me feel helpless or didn't listen.  And if you've no one to talk to they can never say anything wrong! Things could be so much very worse than they are, and I give great thanks that they're not... In particular that I'm not a fan of medical melodramatics - a pretty pointless pastime when there's just a cast of one!

I'm grateful that I found a bit of appetite last night, a bit of simple food and the energy to prepare it...and to wash up afterwards!

After that I watched a programme about 'Hidden Killers in the Victorian Home' and how even after their dangerous effects were suspected, or even known, it still took many years to ban them...in the UK at least! I was grateful the presenter raised the open question at the end of what similar circumstances there may be now...

I'm grateful those anemones I bought over a week ago now are still beamingly blooming in two little vases, brightening up my kitchen and living room. And that I booked a cab to take me to the station as I want to save my creaky knees for a spot of spoonful of sugar shopping before the serious stuff today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics