Friday 12 April 2013

Cotton wool

I've been finding it very comforting giving my comfort zones a nudge, remembering they've merely shrunk through lack of stretching and are not statically small. Keep pushing at your comfort zones, folks or you will find yourself in a box!

Booking the ticket and the taxi for yesterday evening's outing was a very good plan as I was very tired and unwilling to go. The speakers (a forensic pathologist and a novelist - both careers I've at one time thought were for me!) were great raconteurs and highly amusing but with some interesting tales to tell...whilst the audience's questions revealed some fascinatingly macabre preoccupations. I'm grateful I wasn't sitting next to some of them! Going out in the evening to a lit place full of strangers, walking home after dark along streets I'm not familiar with...little echoes of an erstwhile adventurous spirit...much gratitude for these!

Though plans had done some changing they'd always been to go to Whitby today and though I left the hotel intending to do just that, events conspired and compounded so that I ended up deciding to go wherever the next bus went instead... which turned out to be Bridlington - a place I knew nothing of at all. After a tediously slow and fog blanketed journey, and its apparently unending and uninspiring outskirts, this turned out to be an excellent choice of destination. The sun even briefly glimmered! I was grateful I was able to avoid the 'amusements' and watched the sinking (unoccupied) boat with the locals instead! Very good fudge as well...

I'm grateful for staying 'home' this evening...it's such a cosy and hospitable place to be. For another lovely dinner and pleasant company while eating it. That I've started the packing up (and finished the fudge!) and can return to my book...and before long my bed as well


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics