Saturday 6 April 2013

On top of it

More sunshine again today, woohoo! Yesterday the breeze whipped the surface of the estuary into countless tiny ripples and the sunlight made all of them glitter...I gave thanks for surviving the onslaught of unchained children on the trains and in the city centre and gratitude too for my expertise at being scantily clad. What? Wearing the right kind of clothes so you don't have to take them off and change into a gown for a scan...what did you think I meant?

Today, it's washing drying at the window weather...the sounds of strimmers in the gardens, the silent sweep of yachts in the bay...probably a bit nippy to be out still but I've been indoors anyway mostly resting up, packing up and cleaning up! I'm getting on top of it...a little ways to go...

I give thanks for Parents Shouldn't Text for making me laugh out loud...

For an interesting documentary about cops and their colleagues dealing with a double murder investigation. Real UK cops, mortuary and judiciary staff discussing their work - fascinating! And for realising there's a new Swedish cop drama starting tonight. Always worth a try, a bit of Nordic Noir... if you're that way inclined of course! I'm that way inclined and have just booked myself a ticket for a talk about crime and pathology in fact and fiction that's part of the literary festival in Scarborough while I'm away...

For this well balanced magpie perched on top of a tiny twig for an astonishingly long while this morning...



And for John emailing to ask which of two delicious meals I'd like for dinner on Monday night. Yum yum! It's been a couple of weeks since I had any social contact...I hope I can remember what to do! Luckily John and Jo have known me long enough to know I've never really had any idea anyhow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics