Thursday 11 April 2013

Ringing the changes

There was a power cut in the area earlyish this morning, taking out a few streets of hotels so there was a range of alarm sounds as far as the ear could hear until they were turned off and I went back to sleep... Next noise, about eight fifteen, was a knock on the door and the owner with hot water and milk and biscuits so we could make ourselves cuppas while we waited for it to come on. Much gratitude for this thoughtfulness...and not long after it DID come back...but not my phone signal so I'm writing this in anticipation of being able to post it later today.

It's later today and eventually the data connection returned so I'm grateful for that! I don't get much of a signal here and the battery hates having to do all the work with no wifi to help so I'm very grateful I remembered to bring my charger and the management has lent me an extension lead so I can plug it in! Also for another nice breakfast in my room and a second therapy...I don't tell you what they are so the sceptics don't snigger but basically an hour or so of someone paying me well meaning attention is fine and dandy any day! I'm grateful for lots of creative inspiration coming to me during this one...

I give thanks for buying new gloves yesterday...much needed on this parky afternoon. And for walking too far...also kept me cosy and led to a lovely siesta on my return. I'm grateful I've bought a ticket and booked a taxi to go out later as otherwise there's no way I would... I've spent most of the time I'm not out of my room doing something, in it and fast asleep but that's something I'm grateful for too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics