Thursday 18 April 2013

Art imitating life

I'm reading the Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and enjoying it so much I'm making myself put it down sometimes to make it last! I didn't realise what it was about and probably wouldn't have bought it if I had, but sometimes that's the way I find with books...that if there is something it might do you good to think about then a novel will tell you even if you avoid it in the non-fiction section! As some of it is about long distance walking and that's a poignant topic for me I decided to finish reading Satish Kumar's No Destination in bouts in between. I'd put that down for a while because he'd got to a bit about his close connections with other people and happy family life and that was making me think too much about those kind of things, but what do you know...I turned a few pages and he's off on a long walk again! There's a line that moved me deeply though 'My pilgrimage is in every moment and in every place.' and I give thanks for that.

I'm grateful that after my late siesta yesterday I half got up for a sandwich and a bit of catch up TV and then went back to bed for an early night...oh, the mercy of rest when you need it! I suspect there will be more of the same today after acupuncture... Also that I uploaded the few pictures I took with my camera while I was away and found this...the real squirrel was actually facing the same way as the wood one at first and I did wonder if it was part of the sculpture so closely did they match, but I probably disturbed it 'creeping' closer!

I give thanks for books...real printed paper ones. The electronic variety don't kindle my emotions in quite the same way...


Much gratitude to Jackie for calling to say she'd booked me a physio appointment and that there wasn't one til Monday as I think I'd have sighed a little if she'd said there was one tomorrow - an ample sufficiency of  medical manoeuvring this last few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics