Saturday 20 April 2013

High tide and green grass

I woke up early this morning and had a bright idea for something worth the effort to go out for. It's always an effort getting ready and going out, and some days not much seems worth it, especially when you've been reading of walks in wild places and that's what you love to do best and can't. I decided to go to look at and maybe buy a pair of sandals I'd seen a few weeks back when it was much too cold to take off my two pairs of socks and big boots to try them on. They were sandals I liked the look of from both the aesthetic and practical point of view...a rare combination in ladies' shoes, and especially ladies who find heels a hazard and buckles such a bind! These had flat soles, an elastic strap and sparkly bits...and were only a short scenic bus ride away not it a big town or city (I mean seriously it gets no better than that for me!) so...eventually... just as the sun was venturing out into the open so did I...

And then all sorts of happy things happened... I met the nice poodle dog as I was leaving the terrace and from the bus stop I could see a tree of blossom opening, and the bright green grass of the hill behind bathed in sunshine, and a big boat coming into the harbour on the high tide and two little prop planes flying over in formation...and as the bus was on time this was all in just five minutes or so! The shoes were there and they fitted my feet and a charity shop nearby had a lovely skirt too that fitted the bit that skirts skirt round...and there were ducklings dabbling on the stream - probably my favourite kind of baby animal ever!



I had a mug of freshly made tea and a home made fairy cake for 90p at a table top sale where they also had the cutest knitted dogs...and when I got back here I walked along the seafront where an old work colleague coming the other way said 'Turn round...look there's dolphins!' and I caught a last glimpse of them jumping as they left the bay before more tea and cake at Eastcliff where for some reason a ukulele band was serenading the patrons with songs in glorious sunshine and making everyone smile.

That's a lot more 'worth it' than I would have imagined could be packed into getting some shoes and, though it was a great one, I am most grateful that I made the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics