Friday 19 April 2013

Baggy trousers


I'm grateful I've finished my first two prototype 'alternatively-abled' garments. They are easy to put on (one of the most important criteria), look quite good on (better than they do in the photo anyway!) and were only slightly harder to make than holding the camera to take it! I might make a few slight changes to the next versions and I might dye the trousers...that's a rather pale plain expanse of colour for any of those perky wardrobe malfunctions, but otherwise quite a successful start and I give thanks for that... However, eagerly rushing to order some of the lovely coloured linen I got samples for a couple of weeks ago for more trousers I discovered they've sold out and I have to admit I did not give thanks for that! Never mind, I've a length of bitter chocolate brown I bought locally and as it's a slow process getting anything done that will keep me busy for a while I'm sure...I give thanks I bought that before the weather changed and seamsters and seamstresses believed they might wear lighter weight clothes again...

I give thanks for the particularly beautiful shades of blue in the sea and sky today...and that I have only seen them from indoors. If I could have been chauffeured about I'd have been happy to view them closer to, you understand, but the flesh is quite weak after a busy week!

I'm grateful I've used most of my available energy making a pot of slow cooker veggie stew...that should keep me going for a day or two...and that the whole of this sentence came out with the right letters first time. Oops..I typed 'whoke' and 'forst' in the last bit...shouldn't count your chuckens, should you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics