Thursday 25 April 2013

Going on

Sometimes I start to write with no idea what I might say...endeavouring (and often failing) to stay appreciative of all I perceive (if nothing more, just because I am perceiving it) but endeavouring also to avoid tedious repetition so that readers don't go 'Oh no, she's going on about being grateful about that again!

And I'm aware that the words I choose to express the feelings I have on encountering the experiences I do are woefully inadequate at passing the feelings on...

I gave thanks this morning for feeling less unwell than over the last few days... being less in pain and having more of an appetite. For making it down the hill under my own steam to rest in the sunshine on a free bench at the sea front with a cuppa and a snack. I give thanks for the free bench, the sunshine and the snack...for a cocker spaniel lolloping into the waves and then back to his master far too interested in the camera to stay far enough away for him to take a shot! For the skein of birds twirling like ribbon and disappeaing as they caught the light and a butterfly perching on warm concrete to slowly waft its wings.

For the little sewing shop having exactly what I wanted by way of lace...and the kind lady from there finding me in the bakers a few minutes later when I'd left one of my bags behind. 'I know you often come in here afterwards', she said! At the takeaway when I went to get the tea they said 'No sugar, isn't it?' and when I went to get some veg the lady there asked how I was as she hadn't seen me for a while and offered me a sun warmed cherry tomato... so much gratitude for living in such a friendly place!

I give thanks to Rachel for a cuppa and a chat and some great acupuncture too so that now although I feel exhausted again it's in a more contented and relaxed way than recently so happy naps ensue...

Would you like to see my new cardigan? So would I...it only looks like this so far! I suspect it will be no bigger by morning, not that the lovely fabric behind will be any nearer being a blouse!

3 comments:

  1. I've read your blog from the very start, and I remember thinking "five new things to be grateful for each day?" Hmm not sure I'd manage that. But it's easy really, and you prove it time and time again, I try not to take things for granted and reading your blog helps me do that. Tonight I'm so grateful to have a lovely big bath, full of bubbles!!!

    Take care Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the matching crochet to the fabric!!I am back to knitting have knitted a sheep named douglas he is a bit odd looking,i,m ok doing the knitting but never seem to get the putting together right ?anyway have had family wanting them?????? think its the novelty of a strange looking sheep.i have a new smart camera today for a not so smart owner so when I get the hang of this new fangled thing I will put pic of douglas on f.b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gabi, so nice to catch up on your blog today. Things seem to be going along pretty well for you at the moment, hope this continues.The cold weather does not sound like much fun though, I have already started using my electric blanket to warm the bed before getting in and it's still warm here during the day. Love the bright colours of your knitting, you are so creative. Take good care, talk soon Juanita x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics