Monday 15 April 2013

Swings and roundabouts

I'm grateful for gradually getting back into the swing of things at home. Well, I've had a bath, mostly unpacked (including a jar of mayonnaise freshly made for me by Jo before I left yesterday - yum yum!) and ordered some groceries from Tesco...maybe not swinging exactly yet!

I'm grateful for an absorbing novel for the bits in between. It was one I chose very quickly, without reading more than the briefest blurb on the back so it's surprising and satisfying what a good choice it has turned out to be (so far!)

I'm grateful I walked down to the doctor's - my joints are all in rebellion right now but it was one of the things I'd booked the appointment for so better than feeling a fraud. And for a useful exchange of ideas there...including the go ahead for rose hip pills which I'd tried with some success it had seemed but had stopped on hearing there were contra-indications with some particular types of anaemia. I was very grateful that we don't have rollercoasters and rides, fast food and gift shops down on the seafront here...

I wasn't at all grateful when all the bakeries had sold out of cream cakes before I got there but I guess my arteries might have been... and yoghurt and chocolate rice cakes was pleasant too...

I'm grateful when I spilled my cup of tea it missed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics