Sunday 28 April 2013

Quiet

I give thanks for a warm welcome from by bed last night and when (twelve hours later!) I finally achieved vertical again it was just at the moment when a tanker glided into view, close to shore after skirting the sand banks and heading out to deep water...

I give thanks for the Luminites brightening up Britain's Got Talent with a freshness of folky harmonies...beauty...and beatboxing!  I fast forward through chunks of these programmes (gratitude for this facility!)...applauding little girls emulating big ones makes me uneasy and (agreeing with the judges on this one) no matter how good another singer strumming their pain with their fingers is, it is a bit yawnworthy (even though I have been there and I have done that!) but I woke up this morning and wanted to hear those bright young things performance again and it still brought tears to my eyes. Much thanks for Youtube eh?

Much thanks also for coming across a book in the library yesterday that explains this kind of sensitivity is quite normal...among introverts. The book is called Quiet and it's very comforting to sit quietly and read it and realise how many other things about me are normal. I must give thanks that my life isn't full of people who want my company and participation...though a few more now and then wouldn't come amiss...introverted maybe but I'm not intentionally a hermit you know!

I give thanks for the wonderful images shortlisted on the Sony world photography awards. Can't really say that and put a snap on here can I? I'm grateful for my restraint...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics