Thursday 28 February 2013

Cold comfort

I think I'm getting a cold. This is rather exciting as I haven't had one for years! I've heard about other people's and know how it works though: ready made soup and paper hankies are involved and you don't have to be brave and stoic like you do with serious things like cancer...you can moan and groan all day and night if you feel like it. It'll be a struggle but  think I can manage that for a couple of days! Seriously, I'm grateful for the excuse and opportunity to lie on the sofa dozily with books and catch up on TV and films that I've been saving for just such an occasion...

There was a thinning of cloud this morning with a hazy circle of sun and it was noticeably warmer for a while. I gave thanks for that and tried to share word of the delight with several people in town but they denied all knowledge such an unusual occurrence. The man in the cheese shop however not only agreed but said he'd noticed it had got colder again when he went out for cabbage for his coleslaw. I didn't know he made coleslaw so I bought some of that as well...both varieties...and we both appreciated the chain of events that led to the purchase!

I was grateful to Rachel for the lovely surprise of a mug of tea and a blueberry muffin when I went for my treatment today... just the kind of treatment I needed, and the acupuncture was pretty good too! Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go practice the snoozing and the funny voice...

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I loved your blog today, hope you 'enjoy' your cold! I had quite a bad one 2 weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoyed lying on the bed with a box of tissues and doing nothing......bliss.

    Blueberry muffins have to be the best kind of muffins ever, hope you enjoy that too...

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope u remembered the lemon n honey all the better with a small drop of something in too !!: ),only have a short cold tho ,as it gets silly if it lasts more than 4 days !!: ) Ann

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics