Monday 11 February 2013

French connection

The Post Office couldn't find one of my parcels again which was a tad frustrating but the one they did have was a bulky and rather heavy package of fabric I'd ordered on the internet so maybe not having to carry  both at the same time was something to be grateful for! I'm certainly very grateful that the fabric's were at least as lovely as I imagined from their photos (not much better than mine!) and descriptions. It's something you really need to see and feel to be sure they are what you want but the company was having a sale on postage as well as products and I had a hunch the lengths I chose were the right ones to make myself some new summer clothes. I've never been one for a bulging wardrobe and the last few years I've done more donating to charity shops than buying but it's beginning to dawn on me that having a few more garments makes an ostomate's life less stressful, and having some designed to meet both physical needs and sartorial preference would be a fine and dandy thing!

I give thanks for a gloriously sunny morning but that the clouds were gathering by the time I reached the great outdoors...because I wanted to resist the temptation to loiter and get back to get on with various tasks I've set myself. Gratitude for paperwork completed, phone calls made and emails sent. For (I think!) getting the hang of the way I want the cuffs to go on the jumper I've been knitting the last few weeks. That, on hearing I'd missed the start when recording a movie the other day a friend gave me DVD of the same film that wouldn't play after the beginning so that I have the two parts to watch together...and that was able to reconnect the hdmi lead without disconnecting anything else. And lastly that after searching for some time I managed to locate a Reblochon cheese in town to make some tartiflette for my birthday tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics