Sunday 3 February 2013

Come Dine with Me

On many of the three hundred and fifty or so evenings a year when no one does, I give thanks for Come Dine With Me. It pretty much is the next best thing (in fact, sometimes, when one sees some of the folk that are out there, it's clearly the superior option!). Dave Lamb's comments can make you feel that someone is actually watching the proceedings with you, and often has me laughing out loud...and laughing is very good medicine for body and mind. I give thanks for subtitles on my TV too because, although I love some of the accents I can't necessarily make out the actual words that are being spoken...

I give thanks for my mishmash left overs and odds and ends tea tonight...now I couldn't have served that to anyone else so you see there's another advantage to dining alone...and for having food to cook, the appetite, inclination and ability to cook it. For a cooker and power and pots and plates and so on...

And for Kallari chocolate...much fairer trade than even fair trade and so unbelievably delicious too! Come to think of it I'd have to share if someone came to dine. Gets better and better eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics