Saturday 23 February 2013

Duck tales

My first gratitudes of the day are for a deep hot bath with a book last night, a tasty supper afterwards and falling asleep in the desert. No, not in the dessert...in the desert! I was watching a nature programme about the wilds of Arabia and kept drifting off...I was grateful to able to get ready for and into bed for an early night without waking myself up too much.

The book is by Eckhart Tolle who, unfortunately in my eyes, has the label of a 'spiritual' author and thus might not be read by those who confine themselves to the devotions of organised religion or the measurable motions of conventional science or literature more light hearted than either of those...but as he writes about things I think myself, of course I'm enjoying it rather a lot! He writes about that too, by the way - about the affection we have for affiliation! Anyway, sometimes he's funny and indeed undoubtedly wise, as indeed, are we all...so here he is talking about the duck with a human mind story with Oprah...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSEp15DVHBk
The moral of the tale being, I suppose: if something upsets you, flap your wings a bit and eat weed...No, I'm not sure that's come out quite right!

Today I've been grateful for finding some things to do fairly easy on the knuckles, knees and thumbs! I've made some yummy things to eat (especially after finding out Elmlea keeps very well quite a long time after the use by date!) and finishing off the sewing up of this little blanket I made for one of our local charities...It's been a long running project so satisfying to have it done and a little more headspace free for all the new ideas taking shape in there!


I also changed the bed linen. I love getting into clean sheets, don't you? My mother was fond of telling me 'You've made your bed, now lie on it' as a kind of threat of cosmic comeuppance with a hint of malice thrown in. She also used to berate me for not sticking to things I'd started. Poor woman, she had trouble locating her duck mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics