Monday 25 February 2013

Shoptimism

Who would think making two pockets could make you so tired? I didn't pick the cotton, I didn't weave the cloth...just cut and sewed them on! Never mind, I'm grateful they are sewn and that I thought of making some spring and summer clothes in the winter so that I can take things at a suitably easy pace. Afterwards I was too tired even for chicken knitting so gave thanks to the freezer and fruit bowl for a quick supper and the warm embrace of the bedclothes...

The cold does make my joints extra sore and stiff so I came up with a cunning plan involving a short train ride and a bit of toddling about today. How could I resist going to a fabric shop or two? Did it make the pain go away or invigorate me? No, no, that wasn't the result I was after (though I wouldn't have minded if that's what happened of course!) but the outing left me content to do nothing on my return! When the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak it can be a bit frustrating sometimes, but if you manage to get the spirit tired out as well then you can idle around quite happily giving thanks for heaters, kettles, the internet...and chocolate digestive biscuits!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabi, still reading your lovely blog, always a pleasure. I send you warmth from sunny Australia, we have beautiful weather just now. I am off to Kuala Lumpur for 3 nights next week and really looking forward to it. I am keeping on top of my rather dodgy health. Talk to you soon, take care Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics