Wednesday 27 February 2013

Chicken tonight

This story about graffiti artists painting the dome of a church near Barcelona made me smile and shed an emotional tear before I was even up this morning ...so thanks for the various elements that produced that effect and for my smart phone and internet for bringing words and pictures to my bed http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21529832

Although it was morning, it was so late when I woke today I decided to skip breakfast and make some little savoury pastries for lunch instead, with that wonderful savoury pastry ingredient - ready rolled pre-made puff pastry. What a wonderful invention...makes cooking like playing with plasticine but you put it in the oven and what comes out is delicious food! I knew Laura was coming with the beak felt so I thought she might fancy a couple too to take for her lunch as she had to hurry off somewhere. She did seem rather grateful herself and they were soon all gone!


I'm very very grateful I've completed four chicks which seems a reasonable contribution to me. I'll do some more if they are desperate but, although the knitting wasn't too difficult, the finishing off required fine motor skills that in my case have been on the scrap heap for years and was both painfully slow and painful. They do look cute tho, especially when they have the creme egg in like the one front left...and I love that someone asked me to do something and I could!

Once again today I'm grateful for warmth. It's still still (no windy waving here Ann...) and still like the inside of a freezer outside so I've been thankful I've not had to go out... Oooh and I've just tasted what's in the slow cooker for my tea! No, not chicken but chick pea stew funnily enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics